The Metro Manila Development Authority is expected to hit its goal of grossing P.5 billion in the 10 day festival now that the opening day alone grossed P89.7 million.
The day 1 top grosser is the film, Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote with P31 million opening day sales. It’s a collaboration between two previous MMFF hitmakers Bong Revilla and Vic Sotto and the high sales came as no surprise.
Here’s the list of the eight official MMFF entries ranked according to their day 1 sales:
1. “Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote,” starring Bong Revilla and Vic Sotto, P31 million.
2. “Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last Na ‘To),” starring Ai-Ai delas Alas, P20 million.
3. “Dalaw,” starring Kris Aquino, P12.5 million.
4. Shake, Rattle & Roll XII, with an all-star cast,P11.8 million.
5. RPG: Metanoia, a 3D animated film, P5.1 million.
6. Super Inday and the Golden Bibe, starring Marian Rivera and John Lapus, P4.7 million.
7. Rosario, starring Jennylyn Mercado and Dennis Trillo, P3.2 million.
8. Fr. Jejemon, starring Dolphy, P1.4 million.
With the awarding of festival winners yesterday, a change in the rankings is anticipated. The MMFF will run until January 3, 2010.